Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Transforming Genes, er...Jeans!

After going to sort of a "conference" a few weeks ago, and seeing several girls there wearing these awesome skirts which were made from jeans cut open and simply adding a tear (not a tear as in a rip, but as in crying "tear") in the back and in the front. Some were made with denim tears and another I saw had some nice floral fabric there. I liked those designs, so this week I thought I'd throw together my own version of one, since I have a couple pairs of jeans to use for that. ;)

Here's the "Part 1" of what I've done. So far, I've got it almost finished. Right now, I'm hand sewing in the front tear and then the denim one in the back will be next.

And the pics...




















And that's what I've done so far! I'm slowly hand stitching the pieces on, so when it's all finished I'll post the end result.
Have an awesome weekend, in the meantime! ;D

                  God bless,
                               Serving Him

1 comment:

Amanda Pendergast said...

I did this once. :) Pretty easy, and really nice end result! I've even had a couple of friends ask me to do one for them.